Friday was Travis's reader's theatre. They performed the ABC's of Thanksgiving and did so good. They had been practicing all week during school and at night for reading homework. Travis was pretty embarrassed (as he said but I think it was more nerves) that both of his grandma's were able to come and watch him. They did their program and then we got to enjoy cookies together.

 |
| Landon was happy to have grandma Asay's lap to sit on so he could see. |
 |
| Reciting one of his parts. |

 |
| His whole class. |
 |
| My little pilgrim in front of the mural they made as a class. He and a couple of girls were in charge of creating the May Flower. |
Friday morning, we woke up to our first snow. Landon and I went out first thing after the boys woke up and played around for a while. We walked down around the pond so we could check on the tree house that is being built down there. It was beautiful and peaceful as we walked around. When his brothers got home from school, he persuaded them to go outside again and play in the snow.
 |
| After I got him all bundled up in the house, he came up to me and says, "I feel like a marshmallow when I walk!" |
 |
| First thing he did when he got outside is make a snow angel. |
 |
| Snow selfie! |
 |
| Tasting some snow. |
 |
| I love when there hasn't been any wind and the snow sits on the tree branches! |
For quite a while now, Travis has been telling me that he wanted me to come eat in the lunch room with him when they serve a Thanksgiving meal. Well, that day finally arrived last Wednesday, so Landon and I enjoyed a yummy lunch with Travis. I couldn't believe all the food they served us. It was quite good too!
 |
| Lunch with my buddies |
 |
| This is what they served us! |
We spent the first 3 days of the week cooped up in the house while Carson was sick. He missed three days of school due to a weird stomach bug. He would wake up around 4 in the morning puke a couple of times, and then feel pretty good the rest of the day. Monday was the worst of it. Let's just say that as I was cleaning up a trail of puke from the edge of the living room carpet to the bathroom, I was super grateful that we had decided to install LVT in part of our basement. Tuesday afternoon, he told me he thought he was going to be well enough to go to school Wednesday, but work up Wednesday morning puking again. We are glad he is finally better and that no one else(cross our fingers) has gotten it!
Friday after school, my mom picked me up and we headed to Billings to pick up my sister who was flying in at 11:30 that night. We shopped until 11 that night, having fun all along the way! We picked her up and went to our hotel, making it to bed around 1. We got up fairly early the next morning, got ready and hit Old Navy, Target, had breakfast at ihop and then met up with my dad who drove up that morning. After breakfast, we attended the temple where my cousin's son was going through for the first time in preparation for his mission. After the temple we hit up Hobby Lobby super quick (like 10 minutes) and then met up with a bunch of family that had been at the temple for dinner at Olive Garden. We made it home a little after 7 and hung out so the boys could see Butts. While we were gone, the boys helped grandpa Asay vaccinate cows.
 |
| I love to see the temple! |
No comments:
Post a Comment