Est. 2004

Est. 2004
Christian, Jill and Boys

Sunday, August 11, 2013

It only took a couple of months...

...For our first major accident to occur on the new play set. Thursday night, the boys were out playing with a couple of the neighbor kids on the play set. I was watching Carson do the monkey bars, like he does almost every day, where he tries to jump to the third bar and then continue with the rest when he slipped. I heard a whack as he hit his face on a piece of wood on the bottom of the play set. He started to cry and scream so I ran to him to see him holding his nose with blood rushing out between his fingers. I had a look at his nose and saw that it was what caught the force of his fall. It didn't look quite right, so I ran to get him a towel for the blood and grabbed Christian to come and see if he thought it looked like he broke his nose like it did. We both agreed that it didn't look quite right so Christian ran him to the ER while I stayed with the other boys. I have to admit that as they were gone, the song, Chicks Dig it by Chris Cagle (a song about doing stupid things to try and impress girls)kept coming to my mind. I have a feeling he might have been showing off for the little neighbor girl that was over playing!
As soon as the Dr. saw him he agreed that it looked broken so they sent him in for x-rays of his face and neck (to make sure there wasn't any damage to it too). After a look at the x-rays, the dr was surprised to find that it actually wasn't broken! So, they sent him home with a big ice pack, some major swelling and some scratches here and there. Grandpa and Grandma Asay dropped by about the same time that they got back from the ER to make sure he was ok. The next day, grandpa and grandma Foulger came from Powell to see him and brought him some yummy treats and a couple of activity books to do while he was chilling. We are so glad that it wasn't broken and that he can finally breath through his nose again!
This was right as he was going out the door to the ER. He had fat lips and  scratches all over!
After he returned. They got him all cleaned up and put a band aid on the scrap he got on his knee.
This is my smiling happy boy today. The swelling has gone way down and has some pretty good bruises!

3 comments:

  1. Poor kiddo. So glad it wasn't broken. Gosh darn those cute neighbor girls jk lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch! i'm so glad he didn't break his nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. Way to cowboy up, Carson! He is one tough dude!!

    ReplyDelete